Temperamental states such as South Carolina mean there’s always a chance for unexpected danger. But no one anticipates potential hazards during the holidays. The Catastrophe Services team, however, does.
Our last post wasn’t enough to cover everything you need to remember this holiday season, so read on for more seasonal safety tips to help you avoid disaster over the holidays.
- Never use electronics near water.
- Don’t sleep with electronics under your pillow.
- Keep loose batteries away from kids.
- Don’t run cords under carpets, rugs, furniture, or out of windows.
- Stick to one power strip or extension cord. Don’t string extension cords together or overload outlets.
- Using an extension cord outdoors? Make sure there’s an “outdoor use” label from the manufacturer.
- Don’t leave space heaters unattended or place them on rugs or furniture. Make sure they’re on a flat, level base. Plug them directly into the wall.
- Never use kerosene heaters indoors.
Catastrophe Services performs disaster restoration across South Carolina. When the unexpected happens, we help you get your life back—but first we’re devoted to keeping you safe.
Got questions about safety tips or disaster restoration in South Carolina? Ask us!